Technology and Innovation has already left a strong footprint on the recruitment landscape in 2017, is ready to imprint it even deeper in coming years, bringing with it a better appreciation of data & robust analytical tools. In terms of recruiting trends, 2017 was the year of automation technologies and artificial Intelligence, workplace diversity and candidate experience in recruiting. Throughout this technology integration, Human Resource will continue to assume a leading role in business strategy. This does not mean it is going to be smooth sailing for employing professionals, though.
The focus in 2018 will be new and emerging technology.” This is going to impact core areas:
- Passive applicants have been targeted, but social media will shape the structure of these relationships.
- Remote staffs will grow even more prevalent with VPN (Virtual private network) technology, thus allowing easy to access work systems.
- Gamification turns engagement and connections into a competitive game structure to shortlist aspirants.
- Future-proofing workers against the perpetual technological progress. Companies will need to fix the finest way to pivot employees into future positions.
- Blind hiring to reduce hiring controversy surrounding diversity.
Let’s dive into the some of the hottest topics and top trends that will impact hiring managers, HR professionals and Recruitment agencies UAE in 2018:
- Focus on Diversity in the Workplace
A more diverse workforce is good for any company. It’s not just about generating fresher concepts and deepening company philosophy; it’s about just about boosting the bottom line, too. Some of the well-known HR Professional says diversity will play a bigger role it drives companies to create a more inclusive workforce.
- In 2018, Hiring managers think more like marketers
Considering the current low unemployment rates in the UAE, companies now face an uphill battle to win over the best talent. The best news for work forces is that they now have the extravagance of being selective in their job search and choosing a work with the type of culture and status that most aligns with their values. That’s why, in 2018, employers should reinvent themselves by changing the frame of mind as a marketer.
- Using AI during Recruitment
Artificial Intelligence isn’t just about being fairer; it is also about saving precious resources, costs and time. It has led to diverse employees, as well as being cost-effective. The company is using digital methods to replace traditional works such as collecting aspirant’s CVs, sending or scheduling follow-up interviews by phone. This saves extra Human Resource time and money by setting up interviews with vetted applicants only.
- Leveraging analytics to improve the bottom line
Companies today want to find improved ways to oversee employees to advance company performance. Analytics can help with this responsibility, and it can make a big impression on a company’s bottom line. Workforce analytics can improve Human Resource policy, showcase acumens on everything from recruitment requirements to candidate attraction and even provide an evidence-based perspective on defies and challenges within the company.
These are just a few of the trends impacting recruiters and Recruitment agencies UAE in 2018 as they work to avoid costly recruitment mistakes.